CATRAC Job Openings
The Capital Area of Texas Regional Advisory Council (CATRAC) is seeking qualified, talented individuals to join our team.
CATRAC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that provides collaborative opportunities to reduce the incidence of trauma, acute illness, and injury through education, data collection/analysis, disaster preparedness, and performance improvement. CATRAC is mandated by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to serve an 11-county region, also known as Trauma Service Area O (TSA-O), which includes the counties of Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Llano, San Saba, Travis, and Williamson. As part of the Hospital Preparedness Program, CATRAC works to enhance the ability of participating hospitals and healthcare facilities to improve surge capacity and enhance community and hospital preparedness for disasters and public health emergencies.
CATRAC began its efforts as a Regional Advisory Council (RAC) in 1989. RACs are administrative bodies that are tasked with developing, implementing, and monitoring a regional emergency medical service trauma system plan. CATRAC is one of the four largest RACs in Texas and was incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1993. The organization is funded through state and federal resources, as well as through membership dues and donations.
Current Open Positions
Click on the title to view the description.
CATRAC is seeking an Executive Director to provide overall leadership, management, and strategic development for the organization. This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with appropriately related courses or experience, and at least 10 years of progressive leadership experience. The successful candidate must be experienced in the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and understand the Incident Command System (ICS), must have completed NIMS courses 100, 200, 700, and 800, and must commit to completing NIMS course 300 and 400 within one year of employment. The preferred candidate will also have a master’s degree with an emphasis in administration and an active healthcare license. Experience in clinical services or settings, experience with public entities, and experience with non-profit organizations (including advisory boards, contract negotiations, and grant management) is desired. The salary range for this position is $140,000 - $160,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/SGROpenRecruitments
Healthcare Preparedness Coordinator for TSA-N (Brazos Valley)
Location: Bryan, TX
The Healthcare Preparedness Coordinator (HPC) coordinates, facilitates and implements the operations of the Healthcare Coalition assigned to the designated Trauma Service Area - Region N. This region includes the counties of Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Robertson, and Washington. The HPC facilitates meetings, trainings and exercises, conducts assessments, creates healthcare emergency management plans, organizes resources and provides technical assistance to regional stakeholders concerning emergency plans and other emergency preparedness needs. The HPC will maintain overall knowledge of the CATRAC programs; to include assisting healthcare facilities, EMS providers, first responders and stakeholders with emergency preparedness activities as well as communicating with local, state and federal partners to improve regional preparedness and response in emergencies. The HPC responds to disasters and planned events as necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares, conducts and facilitates emergency preparedness initiatives in the assigned healthcare coalition region
- Plans and executes monthly or bi-monthly healthcare coalition meetings
- Coordinates activities and response teams with hospitals, EMS, city/county emergency management, public health, healthcare organizations, first responders and other response partners
- Assists healthcare entities in developing and updating emergency response plans such as decontamination plans, mass fatality management, evacuation/shelter in place plans and medical surge capacity plans
- Provides technical assistance in development of required documentation to support emergency response plans, such as mutual-aid agreements and memorandums of understanding, grant guidance and compliance
- Organizes and facilitates training related to emergency preparedness (i.e., National Incident Management System-NIMS, decontamination and personal protective equipment, WebEOC, EMResource, and other disaster related systems)
- Conducts regional exercises related to healthcare capabilities and identified gaps of service
- Plans and participates in disaster exercises
- Prepares regional after-action reports and improvement plans and conducts needs assessments
- Assists with medical volunteer recruitment and management of a web-based system
- Responds to disasters and planned events as necessary
- Assists or provides coverage for any of the other three healthcare coalition regions as requested by management
Salary Range: $40,800 - $65,000
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree, or equivalent, with coursework in planning, emergency management, public administration, public health, social science, nursing, or emergency medical services
- Experience working with emergency planning or first responder preparedness
- Experience with disaster response management and an understanding of the Texas Disaster Medical System, highly desired
- Field deployment event experience preferred Experience with contracts and grants preferred
- Strong communication skills required, including presentation skills and meeting follow-up documentation
- Understanding of the Texas Trauma Service Areas and operations of Regional Advisory Councils
- Valid Texas Driver License required
- Ability to work in high-stress, multi-tasking environments for extended periods of time during incidents and exercises, and ability to lift and move heavy bulky items
- Ability to travel as needed for events, exercises and emergencies
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, including overnight and weekends during planned events/exercises and unplanned emergencies
To apply, visit our CATRAC Careers Page and follow the instructions. Questions? Call our office at (512) 926-6184.